SmartCI aims to be a pioneering research institution that cooperates with government and private institutes in Egypt and Middle East to resolve challenges facing the ever-evolving and increasingly essential integration between information and communication technology and critical infrastructure resources and services.
Mission and Objectives
SmartCI targets to provide innovative solutions for the development of critical infrastructure through interdisciplinary and applied research that integrates Information and Communication Technologies with Critical Infrastructure systems. The center comprises a public-private partnership to provide an innovative engineering and science education model through integrated research and technology transfer services.
SmartCI aims to:
- bridge the gap between theoretical and applied research and technology development;
- form research groups in different fields capable to collaborate with each other and provide integrated innovative solutions for the infrastructure development using ICT;
- establish highly equipped research labs at one place for researchers;
- link research projects/ ideas to the related interested bodies and suitable funding agencies;
- incubate research groups from different universities and do effort to involve them with industrial partners to work together;
- engage undergraduate/graduate students and industry personnel in experiential opportunities through industry-related research.